Home water filtration system removes impurities from the tap water. It is placed at the entry point of water supply for filtering any water released to the house. This system contains filters that filter large sediments and small elements such as chemicals and viruses. The system uses iodine or ultraviolet light to eliminate viruses that can’t be filtered. It also has activated carbon that removes unpleasant taste and contaminants such as pesticides and industrial chemicals. The most water utilized in homes comes from the natural resources and waste water. Therefore it must be cleaned before any usage.
Advantages of Using a Home Water Purification System
It protects the plumbing system
· Home water purification system protects the plumbing system of your house. How is this possible? Hard water is known to contain minerals that have damaging effects such as limescale. Limescale causes permanent damage to water pipes. The chemical components of limescale coats pipes and gradually weakens the pipes thus causing a leak. Water heater system is at risk of damage by limescale since hot water does not eliminate calcium carbonate in the limescale. The filtration system softens water and removes minerals that form limescale hence protecting the plumbing system in general.
· Sediments that could cause pipe blockage are also eliminated in the filtration process.
· Iron that causes rust on water pipes is removed during water purification.
Health benefits of home water purification system
· Copper, fluoride and lead are heavy metals contained in water that have adverse effects on our health. Copper causes metal fume disease and blood disturbances. Exposure to lead causes high blood pressure and damages the reproductive organs. Fluoride causes osteosarcoma a type of bone cancer and stains teeth. Water purification system removes these metals and keeps your family safe.
· Chemicals highly poisonous to the human body such as; cyanides, fertilizers, pesticides and weed killers are removed during water filtration.
· Disease-causing microorganisms such as E.Coli, coliform and protozoa are eliminated during water purification. Bacteria such as Giardia lamblia that is chlorine resistant is completely removed in water purification system. It is known to cause intestinal infections that could be fatal if left unattended.
The home water purification system is recommended to all people who value health and care for the lifespan of house appliances. It is expensive to install but beneficial in the long run.